Wenk wenk! I haven’t done some Adventure Time fanart in a little while so I was starting to have withdrawals. I’ve wanted to try out making a Gunter plush for a while and since I had all the right colors in my fleece scraps I decided to jump at it while I could! I just love how fat and huggable this little guy turned out. He’s just the right size for squeezing or lounging beside you. All that’s left to do is make a whole army of them and then retreat to a magnificent ice cave :B
You all got me to 1,000 likes on Facebook! 😀 Time for another giveaway!
Thanks to all of you, I’ve reached another pretty awesome milestone on Facebook, so I’m holding another giveaway, this time for a big cuddly BMO plush!
He is of course the friendly little living video game system from the cartoon Adventure Time 😀 The plush is about 9″ tall, 7″ wide, and 4″ deep, not including arms and legs. The arms and legs are 5″ long each ^-^ He’s made from a super soft minky fabric and all of his features are sewn with hand-guided satin stitch applique. He’s super soft and loveable, and even has a few plastic pellets in his bottom to help him sit upright 😀
Here are all the details you’ll need to know when entering:
• The giveaway will be active from Monday, September 9th and the winner will be chosen at 10pm EST on Monday, September 16th
• To enter, simply fill out the form found at the bottom of this post
• The winning entrant will be chosen at random from the list of completed forms
• The winning entrant will be contacted via email about their win (so keep an eye on your emails for messages from firstname.lastname@example.org!)
• The winner will have 48 hours to respond to their winning notification before another winner is chosen
• As a winner, you will be expected to divulge your address (or PO Box) to me so the prize can be shipped to you
• As a winner, your name/pseudonym (and website, if given) will be announced on this website as the winner of the prize, so every entrant knows who was the final winner
• The prize will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail — domestic takes 2-3 business days while international takes 6-10
• International entrants are more than welcome to enter
• To all international entrants: note that you may be required to pick up your package at your local post office or pay customs fees. These rules differ for every country so unfortunately I can’t be held responsible for any extra charges you might be asked to pay.
• By entering in this contest, you agree to these rules 🙂
The contest is now over so I won’t be taking any more entries. Thanks to everyone that entered!
The winner has been contacted, and I’ll announce who it is as soon as they’ve confirmed their address and all that stuff. If they don’t get back to me in 48 hours as the rules stated, I’ll pick someone new ^-^
So if you weren’t the lucky winner emailed last night, you might still have a chance!
The last set of Adventure Time goodness >w< The last two characters I thought would be perfect for these notebooks is BMO and LSP ^-^ Of course BMO is pretty well known to be gender neutral, so he doesn’t have a gender-swapped version – so with that in mind I thought it might be fun to make one of the versions found in the BMO origin story “Be More” just for some variety and because all the MO iterations are so cute!
Once again, the instructions for this set of characters are the same as groups one and two, with one step changed to account for the different appliqué. Hopefully it’s still just as easy to follow ^-^
I couldn’t help myself! I made some more of the Adventure Time dos-a-dos bound notebooks 😀 This time we have Marceline/Marshall Lee with Princess Bubblegum/Prince Gumball. They’re made just the same as the previous iteration, but just some different appliqué this time. So you’ll see that the instructions are pretty much the same, but one or two have changed to account for the different characters ^-^
The notebooks are back! But this time with an interesting twist! I don’t know how many of you have ever heard of a dos-a-dos, but it’s a form of book binding from the French meaning “back to back” as you can see. It’s not a kind of book I see all that often, and I think that’s a shame because I think the effect is so cool! One book makes two because they share a back cover – you simply flip the book over and you can access the other side. With the double-sided nature of the notebook it just seemed too perfect to apply it to the Adventure Time characters and their gender-swapped counterparts 😀 In fact I’ll probably try this out on some of the other characters because they turned out so great ^-^ And they helped to use up a bunch of my paper stash too.
Something different today! My wonderful boyfriend and photographer, Matt, is doing today’s tutorial ^-^ I was just a tad backed up so he swooped in to help out and share what he knows with you guys! He’s a 3D artist but also loves working in clay, so he thought a really fun project would be to show you all how to make this simple Catbug charm! If any of you haven’t seen the Bravest Warriors cartoon yet, I highly recommend it >w< Catbug is about the cutest little guy on the show. So if you think you can make some simple clay geometric shapes and have some polymer clay on hand you can give this guy a go!