1. What do I need to know (or tools do I have to have) to make these projects?
When I write patterns and instructions for the projects on my website, I’ll assume that you have the basic sewing skills mentioned in most ‘how-to’ sewing books. I’ll also assume that you have the basic sewing tools mentioned on these books, including a sewing machine.
If I mention a technique that is a little more obscure, I’ll usually write a tutorial about it so you can refer back to it 😀
However, if you’re not familiar with a technique at all, don’t hesitate to ask for more clarification! I might make it into a tutorial so it helps out lots of people!
2. What should I do if I find a problem with your project?
I make up these projects on the fly since they’re for free, so unfortunately they don’t go through a lot of testing. If you find a problem with the project, please keep that in mind, but also don’t hesitate to contact me by commenting on the project page if it’s particularly bad. Maybe there was a miscommunication and there’s something I can do to help! Either way, I appreciate your honest feedback if you feel there’s something I can improve!
You are more than welcome to use my patterns both personally and commercially. This includes:
• Gifts for friends & family
• Personal projects for yourself
• Giveaways & fundraisers
• Making the finished project to sell online
• Making the finished project to sell at craft fairs
• Sell the .pdf & photo instructions as your own pattern
• Make the pattern to sell if it features a copyrighted character
• Use the project and pattern for mass-production
All that I ask is that you do not sell the pattern itself for profit ^-^ People can get it free here anyway, so that would be silly! If you do use my finished project to sell online, I would greatly appreciate if you could credit me in your listing. A simple link to http://www.cholyknight.com is fine, just as a way of saying thanks.
4. How do I put together your paper patterns?
Easy! I have a whole tutorial set up here!